So you’re planning for your upcoming senior session?! Yay!
If you love a good checklist, I’ve got you covered! After 6+ years and hundreds of senior sessions later, I’ve come up with your list of 10 “Must Have, Don’t Leave The House Without” items that you should bring to your senior session to make it the best it can be! So take a peek, bookmark this post or save it to Pinterest and get ready to get prepped!
FIRST THINGS FIRST, YOUR OUTFITS!
2. Outfit 2: A Dress – I always tell seniors to have a mixture of outfits that reflect your personal style! Having one dress in the mix is a great way to mix up the look. Incorporate something timeless, like a fresh white dress or something with some personality, like Dottie did with her silky dress with fun pattern!
3. Outfit 3: Top It Off With Something Trendy!
With a dress and a casual outfit under your belt, get creative with your final outfit! It can be anything you’re loving in the moment that reflects who you are! Add in a hat, rock a graphic tee tucked into a fun skirt, a two piece set, or something fun like Dottie did here!
4. Bug Spray – Yes. I’m making this #1 on the list so you DON’T forget it! Trust me, You will thank me later! Most sessions take place in the early or late evening when the bugs are especially lively — especially in nature based locations. The last thing you want is bugs swarming or mosquito welts on your arms/face… If it happens, don’t worry too much — your photographer can edit them out! But for your sanity, I would highly recommend bringing a bottle (or two)
I especially love this one from Young Living! It’s an investment, but its clean/non-toxic and because it’s a lotion based application, it leaves skin looking fresh & glowy!
5. Hair Brush – Even with fresh curls, you’ll want to bring a brush to keep them looking fresh and bouncy! It can also be great to tame any fly aways if the wind or humidity picks up.
6. Makeup – For touch ups! Most importantly, a powder & fluffy brush to keep your skin looking matte and any lip gloss or lip color that you can touch up as photos go on. I’ll usually have my seniors do a mini “refresh” with every outfit change!
7. Comfortable Shoes To Walk In – Weather you’re going barefoot in the field or wearing a wedge or fun shoe during your shoot, be sure to bring a flip flop or something comfortable to do the walking in as you go from place to place!
8. A Blanket or Sheet – for quick changes when theres no bathrooms in site — in the city or populated places!
9. Portable Fan – If you’re shooting in the summer months, this will come in handy! It can get humid and hot, especially in the midwest. Fight the heat with a portable fan to keep your makeup in place and your hair from getting too sweaty!
YOUR SUPPORT SYSTEM!
10. Last but definitely not least – SOMEONE YOU LOVE! Bring your mom along, a best friend, or someone who you call your cheerleader. They’ll make you laugh, help you through outfit changes, and cheer you on as you take photos. Whoever you bring along, I’m always sure to snap a photo at the end!
So there you have it! Your go to list of 10 things to throw in your to go bag to be sure to have with you before you leave for your Senior Session. You’ll be feeling prepared, relaxed, and ready to rock your session with ease!
+ If you’re looking to gather outfit inspo, visit my Pinterest Board For Seniors!
+ Want to see a full senior session on the blog? CLICK HERE!